The Conservation Leadership Programme offers Future Conservationist Awards of up to $15,000 to high potential teams who aim to develop their skills through practical conservation projects. These awards are highly competitive and winners are selected from among the best quality applications.
Successful applicants will: 1.) develop the knowledge, skills and experience of team members; 2.) implement a focused, high-priority conservation project combining research and action; 3.) contribute to the long-term success of local conservation efforts; and 4.) contribute to the education and awareness of local stakeholders.
As part of the award, one member from each team is selected to represent their project at an international training course presented by the CLP. The course is aimed at developing innovative project management, education, facilitation and communication skills. Additionally, participants have the opportunity to share their experience and build a global network.
On top of this, winning teams are able to access expertise from within each of the four conservation partner organizations and via our Alumni Network that includes past award winners. Programme staff are also available to help with the implementation of projects, including guidance required during the planning and team training stages.
Award applicants are strongly encouraged to contact a member of the programme staff well before the application deadline for advice or input on your proposal. Staff members can help teams determine if their project fits within the specified criteria, offer advice on methods and project activities, and put teams in touch with local partner offices or other experts who can offer advice.
How to Apply:
- Take our Eligibility Quiz now to learn if your project fits our award criteria.
- Download and carefully read the Guidelines for Applicants.
- Download the Future Conservationist Application Form and complete off-line.
- Upload the information in your application form to our Online Application Site. *Note: ALL applications must be submitted online.
- The deadline for proposal submission is November 18th, 2011 and award winners will be announced in April 2012.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.